You know you’re a hijaabi when you’ve been asked these questions at least once:
1) Do you sleep with it on ?
2) Do you shampoo you’re hair?
3) So do you save on hair products ?!!!
4) Are you bald ?
5) Does your dad, brother, husband, some unknown male relative, force you to wear it ?
6) Do you have to walk around with it at home ?
7) Are you allowed to date ?
8) Why do you wear it, but my Muslim friend… doesn’t wear it ?
9) Are you Muslim?
You know you’re a hijaabi when:
1) You check out other hijaabi’s
2) Other hijaabi’s check you out
3) You start checking out the bruva’s with beards or any form of facial hair !
4) You get excited when you hear that there’s an Islamic convention/exhibition coming to your town/city
5) You’ve asked your friend where she got her hijaab from
6) Your friends have asked you where you got your hijaab from
7) It’s taken you hours to find the right hijaab to match that one outfit
8) Your hijaab collection takes up a few drawers or half of your closet
9) You mentally start freaking out if a few strands of hair show
10) Windy days are your worst nightmare
11) You don’t need a mirror to fix your hijaab
12) You’ve poked yourself at least once in the head with a bobby pin
13) You’ve had headaches for putting your hijaab on too tight
14) You rip it off the second you get home
15) You look like you’ve got a flat head after you’ve removed it
16) Everyone looks like a hijaabi to you in winter
17) You take the longest in the changing room
18) You don’t care if the hairdresser is gay – he still has a….
19) Some white chick has stared at you for the past 10mins without blinking
20) You’ve scared some white chick by just walking, talking, shopping, eating,sipping coffee, breathing
21) You find the most amazing top but it’s too short
22) A long bearded dude/niqabi chick have given you dirty looks for bopping your head to the music in your car
23) If you duck or run behind a door if an unexpected male member walks into a room unannounced